Australia Partner Visa

Australia Partner Visa scheme has two categories for partners of Australian citizens, permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens wishing to migrate to Australia.

Australia Spouse visas are for married and de facto partners and

 Australia Prospective marriage visas are for fiancés(fiancées)

With the exception of a couple who can establish that they have been in a ‘long term spouse relationship’, applicants must first obtain a provisional visa granting temporary residence. After two years, provided they meet further criteria, they may be granted permanent residence.

Like all migrants, family migration applicants are assessed on an individual basis and they must be assessed against Australia's health and character requirements.


All persons applying to migrate to Australia under the family stream (whether they apply inside or outside Australia) must be sponsored. The sponsor gives a written undertaking to provide applicant/s with support for their first two years in Australia, including accommodation and financial assistance as required to meet their reasonable living needs.

All family stream applicants must be sponsored by an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen. The sponsor must be 18 years or over.

Partner applicants must be sponsored by their partner in Australia. If the Australian partner is under 18 years of age, the applicant can be sponsored by their partner's parent or guardian. Both partners in the Interdependency visa subclass, however, must be aged at least 18 years.

General Enquiry Form

Generated with MOOJ Proforms Version 1.3
* Required information.

If you have a specific query or would like to contact us to make an appointment for a consultation then please complete and submit the form below.

Email Address *
First Name *
Surname *
Contact Telephone No. (include area codes) *
Town of Residence *
Enquiry Subject *
Your Enquiry *



Copyright © 2013. All Rights Reserved.